Leaside & Bennington Heights March Home Sales Statistics
The leading Leaside home sale indicators are continuing to trend upward in 2015. A 12 month look at the rolling averages are articulated below.
Sales Volumes Changes
- All Homes Sales – up 2.9%, to 213 sales
- Detached Home Sales – up 7%, to 168 sales
- Semi-Detached Home Sales – down 19.6%, to 37 sales
Dollar Value Changes
- All Home Values – up 4.8%, to $1,333,676
- Detached Home Values – down 1.5%, to $1,455,120
- Semi-Detached Home Values – up 8.1%, to $821,022
In March of 2015, only 12 homes changed hands in Leaside, which was much fewer than the 21 homes that sold in March 2014. There was a significant lack of inventory this past winter and leading into March. Many buyers who want to get into the neighbourhood and are willing to compete for our neighbourhood homes.
North Leaside bungalows are setting new records as we head into spring. A recent sale bungalow sale was awarded to a lucky buyer at $1,328,000. It was situated on a 37-foot (frontage) lot.
So far this year homes have been selling at an average of 6% over the asking price. The highest in a multiple offer situation was 31% and the lowest was 5% below the asking price. With the historically low interest rates we are sure to see more multiple offer situations and strong demand for our Leaside properties.
- Leaside & Bennington Heights Sales Statistics (December 2014)
- Leaside & Bennington Heights Sales Statistics (November 2014)
- Leaside & Bennington Heights Sales Statistics (October 2014)
- Leaside & Bennington Heights Sales Statistics (September 2014)
All statistical information sourced from the Toronto Real Estate Board’s MLS system
For more in-depth information on local real estate trends, contact Jethro Seymour, Broker at Johnston & Daniel, a division of Royal LePage R.E.S. Ltd (Phone: 416-712-0767, Email: Jethro[at]SeymourRealEstate [dot com], or visit Jethro’s website at www.SeymourRealEstate.com.) Jethro Seymour is a midtown Toronto residential specialist with over 20 years of sales experience in real estate, marketing, construction and publishing. He has helped many families find homes in Toronto’s great neighbourhoods, and has extensive knowledge of local markets, new home construction, resale home sales, and the condo market. Living in midtown Toronto, Jethro previews many of the homes that come to market for his clients and inventory knowledge. Jethro specializes in the Davisville Village and Leaside neighbourhoods.
Jethro Seymour, one of the best Toronto Midterm Toronto Agents at Royal LePage RES Ltd., Johnston & Daniel Division. #SeymourRealEstate